Financial Service Representative - Matamoras Branch
Company: Heritage Financial Credit Union
Posted on: September 20, 2023
Heritage Financial Credit Union is a member-owned financial
institution that is committed to helping our members achieve their
financial goals and building a stronger community. We believe that
everyone deserves access to affordable financial services, and we
are dedicated to providing our members with the tools and resources
they need to achieve their financial dreams.
Our vision is to be the leading financial institution in the
communities we serve, and we are committed to creating a culture of
excellence where our employees can thrive. We believe in creating a
workplace where everyone feels valued and respected, and where we
can all work together to achieve our goals. We recognize that our
employees are our most important asset, and we are committed to
providing them with the training, development, and opportunities
they need to succeed.
Our values are at the heart of everything we do. We believe
- Integrity: We are honest and trustworthy in all of our dealings
with our members, employees, and the community.
- Excellence: We strive to provide our members with the best
- Teamwork: We believe that we can achieve more together than we
- Respect: We treat each other with dignity and respect.
- Community: We are committed to giving back to the communities
If you are looking for a challenging and rewarding career in the
financial services industry with a company that is committed to its
mission, vision and values, we encourage you to apply for a
position at Heritage Financial Credit Union. Here you will find a
supportive and collaborative work environment where you can make a
difference in the lives of our members and our community. We offer
a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits package, including a
very generous PTO policy. We are always looking for talented and
motivated individuals to join our team.
Position Title: Financial Service Representative
Department: Retail Banking
Salary Range: $19-$22 an hour depending on experience, plus
Position reports to: Branch Manager
Positions Supervised: None
Responsible for promoting financial well-being so people may reach
their fullest potential in life by promoting our credit union's
products and services to new and existing members. Our FSRs are to
use all available tools and training to help our members
accomplishes their goals and in the process find cross-sell
opportunities that will benefit the member. In addition, our FSRs
are to counsel members on credit score enhancement to assist them
in building, enhancing and maintaining a strong financial
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES
- Maintain knowledge of all credit union products and services;
Cross-sell credit union products and services that meet member
needs; deposit products, IRA's, consumer and real estate,
electronic services, insurance, investment services, etc.
- Maintain or surpass sales performance standards to enhance the
- Must meet or exceed sales goals.
- Consistently exhibit and enhance the sales and service skills
that the credit union has adopted for all member service contact,
sales and service culture
- Assist members in completing the following transactions as
needed: deposits, withdrawals, loan payments, transfers, check
cashing, money orders, placing check holds, assuring proper
identification & endorsements, balance and maintain cash drawer,
- Assist Branch Manager as necessary in balancing and maintaining
ATMs and vault, training new employees, opening/closing procedures,
- Run and analyze credit reports and counsel member on improving
score, if applicable, and recommend products and services to assist
member in building/maintaining a strong financial future.
- Perform member service responsibilities; answering questions
and requests, researching and resolving member issues to
- Perform responsibilities of position in accordance with federal
and state regulations, credit union policies and procedures.
- Adhere to and help enforce all security procedures as well as
departmental policies and procedures.
- Assist in training and developing new and current
- Perform file maintenance and account changes, as needed.
- Complete required reports and maintains records accurately and
- Consistently recommend changes, workflow, efficiencies and
- Keep Supervisors/Managers informed of area activity and of any
significant problems or concerns
- Actively attend and participate at meetings, as required.
- Support all internal sales contests and product
- Always be a positive role model and advocate for the credit
- Work overtime if requested by management.
- Assist branch management with any other duties, as
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education & Certifications
- 2 year college degree preferred
- Three to five years experience in sales and/or financial
counseling; or a comparable combination of education and
- Experience working in a retail banking setting and have grown
in a teller role.
Required Knowledge & Experience
- This position requires that the employee gain a working
knowledge of Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) requirements and how they will
affect their work. The employee will comply with all requirements
of the BSA and cooperate with the designated BSA Officer in
- Experience using P.C. based software and Microsoft Office,
- Ability to project a professional appearance and positive
attitude at all times.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills.
- Excellent communication and people skills.
- Self-leadership skills and eager to learn/grow.
- The ability to prioritize and manage multifunction tasks.
- Bilingual a plus.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Employment at our Credit Union is based upon merit, ability, and
qualifications. All qualified applicants will receive consideration
for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, status
as a protected veteran, or any other legally protected status.
Keywords: Heritage Financial Credit Union, Parsippany-Troy Hills Township , Financial Service Representative - Matamoras Branch, Sales , Matamoras, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!