Diesel Mechanic 3000 Sign on Bonus
Company: Waste Management
Posted on: September 11, 2023
As an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer, all qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age,
national origin, disability, or veteran status. $3,000 Sign On
Bonus What is the value of a WM job? The value of a WM job is more
than a paycheck. It's a way to create opportunities for you and
your family. We Are Stable: Our WM team is home every day, and our
team members perform essential and meaningful work. We Are
Committed to Growth: 100% tuition paid for benefits eligible
employees and their family, and established career progression. We
Are Investing in You: Amazing Medical, Dental & Vision, 401K with
match, discounted stock options, dependent day care, and more! Who
are we? Ready to roll with us? Click Apply to join the Waste
Management team today. Tired of just doing preventative maintenance
or working only on engines? Are you ready to take the next step and
work on equipment that requires a high level of skill - hydraulics,
electrical, diagnostics - using modern maintenance practices and
technologies? Are you looking for that right opportunity which will
allow you to use and be rewarded for your skills and ability, and
provide opportunity for growth? Our Mechanics are trained to
provide superior maintenance on both diesel equipment and, at some
locations, on our growing fleet of CNG trucks. We care about our
Mechanic's safety and show it by demanding solid safety practices
of all our Mechanics and managers. Pride, safety, training, growth,
opportunity, great benefits, rewards - check us out, we may be the
company for you.I. Job SummaryUnder general supervision, performs
preventive maintenance services and inspects, diagnoses and repairs
vehicles and equipment.II. Essential Duties and ResponsibilitiesTo
perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may
- Works under limited supervision and selects from written
instructions and established procedures to accomplish assigned
- Performs repairs and assigned preventive maintenance
- Performs inspection, diagnosis and repair of electrical,
hydraulic, suspension, brake and air systems on vehicles and
- Utilizes vehicle computer electronics systems to interpret
failure modes to initiate or assign repairs.
- Estimates time and material costs on vehicle repairs and
requisitions new parts.
- Performs all work within Standard Repair Times (SRTs).
- Performs service calls for emergency breakdowns.
- Conducts safety checks on vehicles.
- Completes required paperwork utilizing fleet maintenance
software program associated with repairing vehicles, documenting
parts usage, and accounting for repair times.
- Assists senior Mechanics in the completion of project
- Reviews, completes or assigns repairs identified on Driver
Vehicle Inspection Reports.
- Maintains a clean, safe work area in compliance with Corporate
/ OSHA Standards, and performs all work in accordance with
established safety procedures. Shift time: 12:00 PM- TBD Typically
10-hour shift. III. Supervisory ResponsibilitiesThis job has no
supervisory duties.IV. QualificationsThe requirements listed below
are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the
job.A. Education and Experience
- Education: Not required.
- Experience: Two (2) years of relevant work experience. B.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
- Valid driver's license and must have a clean driving
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Legally eligible to work in the United States.
- Ability to perform physical requirements of the position with
or without reasonable accommodations.
- Successfully complete and pass pre-employment drug screen and
physical. C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
- None required. V. Work EnvironmentListed below are key points
regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Required to use motor coordination with finger dexterity (such
as keyboarding, machine operation, etc.) most of the work day;
- Required to exert physical effort in handling objects less than
pounds most of the work day;
- Required to be exposed to physical occupational risks (such as
cuts, burns, exposure to toxic chemicals, etc.) often;
- Required to be exposed to physical environment which involves
dirt, odors, noise, weather extremes or similar elements often;
Normal setting for this job is: repair/maintenance shop.BenefitsAt
Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive
total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life
Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase
Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive
Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that
benefits may vary by site.If this sounds like the opportunity that
you have been looking for, please click "Apply."
Keywords: Waste Management, Parsippany-Troy Hills Township , Diesel Mechanic 3000 Sign on Bonus, Engineering , Millrift, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!